Dayna Gaut is an Educational Steward and Liason
- She strongly believes improving our educational system for students and teachers is a necessity.
- She believes in attending public meetings to support the community, be available, and make a difference.
- She is not a politician, but an active member of the community for decades. She has seen the repetitive issues continue first hand.
- She brings a scholarly background, classroom experience, and previous experience in making changes in schools.
- She is tired of watching the children in her community suffer. She is tired of watching the teachers, parents, faculty, all suffer.
Dayna decided to take a stand and take action, studies the issues at hand, does their research, meets with the community and listens to what is being said, in order to find a solution.
Doctorate of Educational Leadership
Master of Education
Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication
Serving the residents of Orange County is at Dayna's core.
Dayna was a Paramedic, Firefighter, Public Information Manager, and Public School Teacher.
- She was a member of multiple organizations in the Emergency Medical Services field at the local and state level.
- Dayna was a subcontractor for the United States Environmental Protective Agency (US EPA). She was on the very small team that wrote the National Community Involvement Tool Kit (which is still being utilized today).
- Dayna was on stand by to serve in both command centers for Septermber 11th in New York City and Washington DC.
- Dayna was an active parent on PTO and SAC.
- Janurary 2002, she stopped being a subsitute teacher and became a full time teacher.
- She went back to college to get her Masters in Education, then continued on to study for her Doctorate of Educational Leadership.
- She taught teachers throughout Orange County to get their endorsement in English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
- Dayna left teaching to care for her mother when she became ill, until her passing.